About this policy
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Your data – what data we collect from you, with an explanation of how, why and with whom we may share it (we do not share any personally identifiable data with third parties without your specific consent)
- How long we hold your data for
- Transfer of data outside of the European economic area
- Your rights in respect of your data
- Who we are
We are not responsible for any websites referred to or linked from our website; please refer to the individual websites for their privacy policies. We use opentable to fulfil dining reservations and ibex to fulfil accommodation booking reservations. We are not responsible for their websites; please refer to their privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Your data – what, how, why and who
We collect data that enables us to provide services and benefits to our guests (for example to allow for tables, or to communicate and to better understand our guests to improve these services and benefits. We do not share any personally identifiable data with third parties without your specific consent. We may, however, aggregate our guests’ data and provide this analysis to our group companies and our partners. For example, we may look at how many guests we have in different age brackets, their rough geographic spread, frequency of visits to our inns and pubs and rough spending habits. None of our guests will be identifiable from this data however. we only collect and process data where we either have your consent, where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us (e.g. fulfilment of your membership or completion of an experience booked with us), where we need to process your data for compliance with a legal obligation, where the processing is necessary to protect the interest(s) of individuals or where we have a legitimate interest in processing the data where to do so is both necessary for us and to would not impact upon your interests or fundamental rights.
How long do we hold your data for?
The length of time that we hold your data will depend on the type of data. We will not hold your personally identifiable data longer than is necessary and we will delete your data on request. The only exception to this is in accordance with our legal obligations and responsibilities and in fulfilment of our legitimate commercial interests (i.e. to process bookings, cancellations etc.). Your personal data provided in relation to bookings only will be held and used by us (as set out above) for up to 6 months following completion of your last stay, at which point:
Once all outstanding payments have been made, your payment details will be securely destroyed by our third-party payment provider;
We will retain your contact details and purchase history for as long as we are required by law or to deal with any impossible disputes;
We will generally delete your other personal data after 6 months of completion of your last stay or (if later) once all outstanding payments have been made. You may request the deletion of your data immediately on completion of your last stay should you wish – please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address below at the time to request this. we will only be able to do this once all outstanding payments have been made and to the extent that we are not required to retain any details by law or in relation to any disputes. We will retain certain of your data as part of aggregated data sets or forming part of analysis of our guests. You will not be personally identifiable from this data. Transfer of data outside of the European economic area (“eea”) we do not ordinarily transfer your data outside of the eea. the only exception to this is that our servers, or those of our website or mobile application hosts and developers, or those of those with whom we share your data, may be located outside of the
eea. Where any such arrangements are in place, we have in place with our server, website, mobile application or third parties binding agreements in place requiring them to comply with the requirements of the gdpr and, in particular, maintain your data securely and comply with any requests that you may make in respect of it.
What rights do you have in respect of your data?
- Amending your consents – When you made a booking, signed up to our email database, or when you participate in any promotions, prize draws or update your interests, you were, or will be, asked to give your consent regarding communications from us, data sharing with third parties and how your data is processed.
- Requesting access to correction or deletion of your data – You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected or have the records deleted at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access to, correction or deletion of your data you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected or have the records deleted at any time by contacting us at email@example.com we only charge for any such requests if we reasonably believe a request to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, including if it is repetitive or requests are made for further copies of the same information. Any fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
- Requesting transfer of your data to another person – You may request a copy of your data for transfer to another person at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints – we understand that, despite our best efforts, sometimes our initial efforts may not be entirely satisfactory. If this happens, we would hope that this is merely a technical issue or an administrative oversight (we are only human). If this is the case, we want to correct this and ensure that you are entirely satisfied. Please therefore let us know as soon as possible using the contact details below and we will use our best efforts to remedy any issues as soon as possible. If you do not feel that we have been able to rectify any problems to your reasonable satisfaction following an initial conversation with us, please let us know and we will elevate any problems to our senior management team.